What is your career and do you like it? If you started over, what would you specialize in?

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 10:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm an educational assistant working with teens with special needs. I love it! If I were to start over, I'd probably actually go to school and become a teacher. But, I do actually like what I do, I don't make teacher money, but I don't have teacher responsibility. I don't have to work out lesson plans or worry about resources, I just come to school at 8:45, help the kids with the work the teachers have prepared and leave at 3.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Im a sahm mom, Thats what God wanted. Cant complain, Dont like the thought of someone else caring for my children or spending more than half of thierlittle lifes with them. The important times.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Im in regulatory compliance and I hate it! Should have went into something with computers or graphic design
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I can't really say I have a "career," but I've been a sales support specialist for 3.5 years. I'm pretty comfortable at this point and making decent money. If I were to start over again, I'd probably go into social work.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Let me tell you what works for me. I provide groups with fundraisers where they make 50% of what they sell. I provide them with colorful brochures. They do all the work. I punch in the order & the product goes striaght to the group. No delivery for me. It is that easy. My groups come back year after year. The company used to be known as Home Interiors. After 50 years in business, they mergered with Home & Garden Party to form Celebrating Home. There are always contests where you can win all kinds of prizes, trips and even cars. Right now we are in the middle of a promotion where I can win a trip to New York. In March, you can get a fundraising kit that will get you started for $99.00 or if you want to do both the fundraising & the parties, you can get a kit with product valued over $350.00 for $99.00. Feel free to ask me any questions you have or go to my site www.homeinteriors.com/ttgiffin I'll be glad to help.
    ttgiffin

Answer by ttgiffin at 3:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011