Any ideas on how to stop emotional eating? Anything ever work for you?

I always knew I did this, it's just never been so bad. I have been a full time student for the last 2 years and this is my last semester. I am crammed. Still having pain and trouble from a car accident almost a year ago and my husbands recent job change is an adjustment... I just eat everything. I have IBS too so it's really messing me up and making me feel miserable. I am not medicated in any way. I didn't know if maybe antidepressants would help at all? I hate things like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Health

• I would suggest first getting all the snacks and empty calorie/ high fat types of foods out of the house. Next, buy fruits or vegetables and cut them up or buy them pre cut for easy access. My favorite mindless eating snack are peapods. That way, you can keep your mouth occupied and feed your emotional needs, without all the calories at least!

Another trick I use, is water. Everytime you feel the need to go to the kitchen for food, take a big glass of cold ice water!

spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2011