If you were not pleased with your significant other's weight, would you let them know? If so, how would you tell them?

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 10:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I love you and I'm afraid for you. Your weight bothers me. If you keep gaining, it can cause a lot of serious problems. I don't want to lose you before we're 90 at least. If I make a plan for healthier living, will you give it a try? (Recipes, snacks, exercise or walking, etc.)
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I might, but it would have to be done very very carefully!! Thankfully my DH was told by his doctor to lose weight, when he got too heavy, and he has. Lost 10kg since Christmas! Yay!!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• His weight would only be a concern to me if it was effecting his health. It wouldn't be because of looks. If I though he was getting to the point where he was unhealthy, I would simply tell him that we should both start eating healthier and exercising more. No one can ever eat too healthy or exercise too much, so this way he wouldn't feel like I was criticizing just him.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Iwouldn't say anythin unless they were at an unhealthy weight. Then say so gently and suggest BOTH of you start dieting and exercising to feel better and be healthier-not because anyone is fat..
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• By exersicing or going on a walk togather.Doing a diet togather or them your worried about their health.good luck
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 2:24 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i would dictate how he eats...but i would follow that diet as well so that it wouldnt look like i was being a total bitch just to him.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• my husband and i have a pretty good communication with each other so we just tell each other "getting a little pudgy huh". DH is in the military so he doesnt get fat since he does PT often. we dont do it to be mean...most of the time ;)

proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i would just let him know that i though it was unhealthy and let him jknow that i loved him anyway n suggest going to the gym with him
    ryahzMommy

Answer by ryahzMommy at 7:47 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I had to suggest the above idea's to my s/o. i finally talked him in to going to the dr. because he would get stressed easy. he had very high blood pressure and the doc told him the same things i did about low fat diet, exercise and lots of fluids other than Pepsi. (cafiene))
    Maybe you can get yours to go get a check up. Usually if a doc tells someone what they need to do they listen to them more than the s/o. good luck!
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 8:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• we are honest with eachother. so if my husband started to pack on the pounds i would say hey why dont we start up a gym membership (which he would really love) and tell him he could use to loose a few pounds and im sure if he is gaining it then i am too and ask him to help me set up a different menu that is lower in fat.
    but thats us. others can be more sensitive about it. to us its just part of life and when you start to see it then something needs to be done about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Mar. 7, 2011