How is Windows 7 different from Vista?

Does any one know if Widnows 7 is a more advanced version of Vista with the bugs worked out or is it a totally new operating system? My husband needs a new computer for his project, but the machine he is connecting to may not work with Windows 7. It is an old machine.

kerijeanbean

Asked by kerijeanbean at 10:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Technology

• from what i've seen and heard...it's totally a personal preference. me, i'd go with windows 7. a friend of mine has vista and it drives me nuts! probably because i'm so used to microsoft stuff
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 11:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It's basically the same thing only windows 7 has a lot of the bugs fixed so it's not nearly as annoying
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Leezah, Vista is Microsoft. They came out with Windows Vista and then Came out with Windows 7.

alinker, thanks that is what I was thinking.
    kerijeanbean

Comment by kerijeanbean (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Windows Vista and Windows 7 are very similar. The look and feel is basically the same. Windows 7 are usually 64 bit OS, while Vista is usually 32 bit. So it has more memory. And yea, like someone said in a previous post, there were a few "issues" in Vista that were resolved in Windows 7. Windows 7 is just better, faster and safer :P
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 2:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2011