Armywives *spoiler* question

Okay so in the show tonight well one thing didnt make sense. Leaving off last season the ladies were gathered & a vehicle pulled up & people in uniform walked out of the vehicle. The ladies had horrible looks on their faces & that was it. In the previews it shows them sitting in black at a funeral with one of them with a folded up flag in their lap. Why was that not in this episode this evening? Are they really going to make us wait longer to figure out what is going on!?

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'm not sure exactly what, specifically you mean when you were saying waiting longer to figure out what's going on, so I hope this answer helps some and isn't just answering something that you're thinking - I know that - what about this.... :-)

In the military world, when your military loved one is deployed and a vehicle pulls up at your house and people in uniform gets out, that means that they are there to give you a death notification. The same with the flag - during a funeral with military honors, the flag that is draped over the coffin is folded and presented to the family - usually the spouse or mother.

Now, if your question was who, exactly, on the show died, I don't know, because honestly, as a vet and someone with a lot of military in the family (dh, brother, uncles, etc), I find a lot of it unrealistic and somewhat insulting, so I stopped watching.

Hope this helps clear up what was going on some though :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I was wondering that too! No idea what is going on.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Sorry, I wasn't trying to bash the show - like I said, I wasn't sure what part of it confused you (I have met some people who didn't know that was how they told people about someone dying, etc, so I didn't know if that's what you meant or not).

I get that it's just a show, and not meant to be reality, but I guess because I live it so much, when I see something that, to me at least, stands out as so glaring as wrong, it bothers me - I haven't seen it in yrs, but the biggest was I remember an episode where this woman was being kicked out of housing, no help, no notice, etc, in a few days because her dh was killed. I know how they handle that, and it's NOT like that at all, and that really bothered me, just one example that comes to mind...

But hey, just because I don't like it, doesn't mean that it's not fun for others, and I'm cool with that :-) I just wasn't sure what part confused you and was trying to help out :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• As far as it not meshing with the end of the season and everything - I hate when shows do that, too! I hope they clear it up for you all soon :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• sailorwife - sorry that the show has insulted you =( I've never taken it to be completely realistic anyway. I mean look at Desperate Housewives, I pretty much live in the relm of what that show potrays (sm town, women friends, etc) our lives are not like that either lol well okay sometimes it seems like someone will have some drama in their life that should be on the show but other then that!

I knew that the flag being folded & people getting out of the car in uniform meant someone was dead. They cut the last episode off at that so we would expect this season to start off with that event but it was nowhere in this episode! Nothing about it at all! Dosent make sense! lol
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Sailorwifemom, last season's ending and this season's beginning don't match up. Yes the show can be unrealistic at times but I am kind of confused on how it is insulting to you?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• That irked me too about them kicking the woman off post. However, most of the women that I know who have been in that situation have chosen to go home to be near family. I don't know if they got bad advice or misinformation or what.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I dont recall the women getting kicked off the post. Honestly I may not have seen the first season! I have only been into the show the last two seasons & dont believe I ever caught up on the seasons beforehand! I may have to hit up hulu & see if they are there! hehe

sailorswife - totally see why you wouldnt wanna continue to watch it. There are sevearl movies/shows I have come across that I dont like b/c they show something so unrealistic. Just shows that someone is misinformed when writing the scripts or simply have no clue!
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2011