Why I never...

*let me just say I don't know that this is a political debate but I didn't know where to put it, religious maybe*

One of my family members had this video posted on their facebook. Out of curiosity I clicked. I have no idea how old it is, I didn't investigate. I was more appalled by the fact a protester was quoted saying the soldiers carcass should've been left on the ground. Whether you agree with the wars we're involved in or not, how you can treat a fellow man that way is just appalling to me. Not to mention their family who is suffering the lost of a loved one. I'm all for freedom of speech, but in this particular case I feel the protestors need to shove it. I had no idea the patriate guard even existed, but I'm thankful they do. What do you ladies think? Freedom of speech wins, or taken too far in this situation, and situations just like it.

http://www.godvine.com/Christian-Veterans-Protect-the-Funeral-of-a-Fallen-Soldier-278.html

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I would also like to add, that if those people ever showed up at the funeral of my loved ones, I'd probably land in prison.
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 11:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I, also, will not give them the page views.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I didn't watch it, but it was probably those crazy Westboro Baptist Church people. They picket at the funerals of fallen soldiers. They disgust me.
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 11:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• They are disgusting people that sadly are protected by freedom of speech. I just recently found out about the patriot guard.

I also have seen some pics of people that go and stand by them with signs that say off the wall stuff like "I have a sign" "I like cookies" apparently the media pays them a lot of attention vs westboro.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i think it'd be a great place to take a sign advertising your business..you get free air-time on your local news, possibly ad-time in the local paper..and you take it away from WBC. its a win-win.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• The limits of free speech end when you materially damage another person's rights. As annoying as these people seem to be, your right not to be offended or annoyed is not more important that their right to free speech. They sound like a bunch of extremists.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It is those church people, they were protesting because they believe our soldiers dying is God's way of punishing America for tolerating homosexual relationships. On the original site where that was posted someone commented "i've never had gay sex, but if I were to indulge I'd do it in front of their church" Couldn't have said it better myself lol.
    ba13ygrl1987

Comment by ba13ygrl1987 (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2011