My cat has bad dandriff - what do I do?

Is there anything out there that will help this?

autbot

Asked by autbot at 10:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pets

• I'll bathe your kitty for you!!! Worked at Petsmart in the grooming salon for a year, so I have some experience with it. I don't mind!!! *smile*
    Jesusis4always

Answer by Jesusis4always at 12:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Our vet has us bathe ours with a moisturizing baby shampoo once or twice a week. It helps moisturize the skin therefore, lessening the dandruff issue.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• my vet suggested a shampoo which is actually a dandruff shampoo for people but she said you can use it on animals..(just a smaller amount.) its about 12.00 but it is sooo worth it. we could tell a major difference after 2 washes and now the dander is completely gone. Its called nizoral..its a little blue bottle and you can get it at kroger or publix..anywhere like that.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• LOL. Yeah, it takes both, SO & me to get the job done. Good luck!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My mom used to drizzle the cats food with olive oil and that really did a good job (winter time dandruff issues). It doesn't work immediately, but when it does start working it does a good job.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would help you bathe your cat if you live close! I did that for a few years in 2 different grooming shops. They used to use 3 people and I proved I could do it myself with the meanest cats. Boy was that dumb. I got to do them all myself after that! My dad always said if you don't want to get stuck doing something, don't admit you know how. That was true with sewing too. I had a neighbor that always had me hem her work pants. i had to go pick them up and deliver them when i was done. i didnt get paid either. she would rush me all the time. one day she called me over and had 4 pairs waiting and said oh they are easy it wont take you too long. i said Oh if it's so easy and wont take long you can do them yourself. then i left. never did another pair for her either. just watched her kids for free and deliced them often.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 11:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I bathed my cat since she was a kitten so shes used to it. But I used that oatmeal shampoo thats works great. My cat is all black and shows dander real good!!

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i guess my next question is - who wants to help me bathe this cat? lol
    autbot

Comment by autbot (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Nizoral is the best
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 1:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Feeding a high quality diet would be your best bet. You can also add fish oil to the diet.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011