Homosexual. Born that way or made that way? adult content

I know what my answer is, but I'd like to survey what others think. Is a person born homosexual, or could it be something happened to make them that way? A friend has a family member who just came out as gay. It's not a big deal, not an issue at all, to his parents, siblings, aunts and uncles. The paternal grandfather insists the kid get *help* to figure out what *caused* it. The grandfather is in his 70's (FYI. Just wanted to point out he is from an older generation, that could influence why he thinks the way he does).
I'm NOT looking for debate, not looking for why YOU think the way you do. Just curious about your answer to the question and your age (or general age, if you want to provide it).
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• 25, I'm not sure if it's born that way or if someone chooses have those feelings, but I don't believe God accepts the choice to act upon those feelings.
    Anonymous

• born that way
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• OP, your answers will probably be skewed 1 way because people don't like being bashed for their thoughts/feelings/beliefs where homosexuality is concerned. The women on here can be brutal.

I don't care if I get bashed so I will answer. We all CHOOSE our sex partners..some of us even choose to not have sex at all. I am willing to venture that the choice may be a subconsious one.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Born that way.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I also believe there are a very few who choose it and I believe bisexuals are just deviants.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I don't really know, I haven't read enough studies/information to persuade me one direction or another. I do not believe if you let a boy play with dolls he grows up to be gay. Or if a girl plays with trucks she'll grow up to become a lesbian. I think that's a load of crap. But whether an adult, in an adult relationship, is acting out of choice or genetics I'm not sure. But I support everyone's rights to pursue what makes them happy regardless. I'm 23
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I always said they were born that way until I met a girl who was a lesbian and a complete man hater.... I mean, seriously, she made it very clear that she didn't want men to hit on her, touch her, look at her, and that a man's genetalia was the most repulsive thing on the planet. Something had to have happened to make her feel that much hatred toward men. ya know?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I'm 24. I think that some are born and some choose (sometimes subconsciously because of something they experienced). I had a friend who was a lesbian. She went to counseling (for many issues she had). Somehow she discovered that she liked women because her first sexual experiences were with a woman (her mom's friend molested her from ages 3-8). After all of this she ' turned' straight.
    Then there's this guy who was our neighbor when we lived in Mexico. Since he was a toddler he was affeminate. My family came to the U.S. When he was like 8. He was still into girly things and even his mannerisms were woman like. Last time I went back there, he had came out of the closet and is now openly gay. No surprise there lol. So because of these two and some other experiences I've had, I think that it can go both ways depending on the individual.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 12:39 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Born that way. I don't think its a choice a lot of people would make,seeing  how many people are against them just for being gay its a hard life to chose to live.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:24 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think sexuality is an incredibly complex part of humanity, much more complex than 'gay', 'bi', or 'straight'.
    Nature and nurture both have a part in everything we do and are... why would this be any different?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 2:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2011