OMG call CPS on me because we don't eat organic ....

Seriously .... My new sister in law thinks that whoever doesnt eat organic ( and exercise everyday) is a horrible person and should be stoned to death.

They rarely visits but occasionally they do ( my brother's head is so far up her ass that it is hard to even be around him too --) We grew up on "meat and potatoes" and had big family dinners, sometimes we actually ate our dinner in front of the tv ! He has high blood pressure and high stress of course they completely blame the way our parents raised and fed up for this ( it couldnt be that he is a firefighter, even thought these problems didnt start until he started working 48 hours shifts of this high pressure job) ... I ate and was raised exactly the same and yet I am in good shape, no health problems at all, my parents are both healthy as well .

I am not sold on the organic thing, but I dont "down it" especially around them... so I am not exactly sure why they feel the need to act like my children need to be "saved" ( she said this) ....

My kids are fed ( i dont feed them junk, but since it doesnt say "organic" on the package it means its junk in her own words) , my house is clean, we have alot of family time, and it just makes me so upset to have this woman come into my home ( today was the last time !!!) and when I served my kids a plate of grilled italian chicken, a backed potatoe and a corn on the cobb -- OMG she acted like I just gave them rat poisoning !

I am making this I think to calm myself down because I am just sooo infuriatied ( sp) over her ! .... She constantly talks about how its the only way to live and our whole family is just going to turn into giant slobs ( once again this is what she said !) ... but yet * I * am in better shape than *HER* .... * I * am healthier than * HER * .... I just wish I could tell her to shut the f*ck up ( but of course I dont talk like that) lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• *** ALSO ... I would like to mention that I am usually a very good speller and I know how to word my words... but of course with all the mistakes above you can see just how mad I am that I cant even type right !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• breath, honey, breath. People like this are obnoxious but also , if you can get your head around it, great fun. Imagine rocking up to a family BBQ with a big old box of KFC. Or offering her kids a twinkie for afternoon tea. You know she'd freak and you'd have an excellent laugh.
    Just remeber , it's not her fault there is no cure for "stupid" .
    xxx
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• So annoying. It is aggravating to have people bash your parenting style. People have different definitions of health consciousness- it's too bad your sil is so outspoken- especially in front of your kids.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't be inviting her over anymore lol That would drive me insane. Tell her she's damaging your auras or something. Hippie lol
    Anonymous

• you know, she might be picking on things you do because she feels indimitated by you, or feels insecure about herself. maybe its concious or maybe its subconcious. I would love to feed my kids only organic and just the best of the best, but the fact that we cant afford that type of food PLUS theyre picky toddlers so sometimes they just need their kraft mac and cheese. if your kids are happy and healthy then she needs to take a chill pill XD
    i get the same kind of flack from my family because i would rather feed my kids organic, all natural, and some vegaterian dishes rather than some meat. (IE IF they go to mcdonalds we get grilled cheese and apples) my family thinks im crazy because i dont want them to drink soda until theyre teenagers (which, then I would still tell them its bad for them but wouldn't be overly strict if they had some at friends houses)

people are nutty sometimes
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• She sounds like a B@#$%!! Just let it roll off. That sounds like a perfectly healthy dinner to me and eating all organic is not going to make you live longer!! I also don't discredit it.. but I know lots of people who smoke, eat crap, and don't exercise who are in there 60's and 70's, and for all intensive purposes perfectly healthy. Does this woman have kids??
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would tell her that if the only reason she comes over and talks to you is to put your lifestyle down? then not to bother to come or call. Your family is happy and healthy and you are doing a good job raising your children, she needs to respect other peoples ways if she wants them to respect her ways in return.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would have escorted her out of my house so fast and had a few words to say on the way out the door! Who needs it, I don't care what someone feeds their family, I care if they have food to eat! She needs a handful of shut up handed to her!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Well I wouldn't be inviting her over anymore if it was me.

Unless I planned on serving a meal of all junk to see if her head would actually explode.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• im not completely sold on the whole organic thing either. i dont think there is enough regulation it and feel that most companies slap a sticker on it and call it organic just for marketing. nor do i believe that it has anymore health benefits then regular food. i believe it to be all hype and a marketing ploy. again for anyone that wants to vote me down this is just my opinon and i am intitled to it.
    i do not eat junk food nor do i allow my kids to but i refuse to pay higher prices on food that i believe is a scam and offers no more benifit then the regular head of lettuce or apple in the produce aisle.
    personally i would not allow her in my house again.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2011