Do you?

Kiss your child on the lips? I'm talking young child not teen age or adult. I have a friend who says it is perverted to kiss your child on the lips, but My DH and I do it and see nothing wrong with it. I never even thought about it realy until she said something. It's not like we make out with our kid. She even does it to us just a quick peck to say I love you. So do you do it? Do you think it is ok or perverted?

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Really*
    Anon344

Comment by Anon344 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No I dont think its perverted!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I do it. my son is 2 almost 3..and i've always done it. I don't see anything sexual about it. its just a peck and thats it..and i do kiss them on the cheek to.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My dh and I kiss our children on the lips too...I don't think its perverted
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 10:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I do kiss my son on the lips. He is four and would be offended at times if I did not. I kiss him all over his face. Lips are not off limits. I find it a little weird to say it is perverted to kiss on the lips. I guess I just don't have those warm fuzzy perverted thoughts when kissing a child on the lips. Ewww. And why even say it is perverted to begin with? I'll stick to what is right for me and my child.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I don't think it is perverted at all. I never even thought of it that way till this post. It is just a kiss.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It's not perverted. Like you said "it's not like we're making out with our kids". Exactly.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Of course I do. I never did with my mother or father, but I do with my children. They are 1 and 3. I imagine there will come a time when they only want kisses on the cheek, but that's up to them. I don't see anything perverted about a quick peck on the lips with my children. I kiss them on the cheeks and forehead, too. I even know some adults who still peck their parents on the lips and are completely comfortable with it. Does this friend of yours have kids? She may think differently when she does have them if she doesn't. Maybe she feels this way bc this wasn't the custom in her household growing up.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My DD is 2 and I think it's perfectly fine to kiss children on the lips.
    I do my daughter.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• its only perverted if youre doing it to get some sick sexual pleasure from it.
    its perfectly normal to kiss your children. she might be hypersensitive to molestation or whatever, because she or someone she knows was molested. or, like kword said, it wasn't the norm in her household.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011