How can I incorporate more veggies into my dd's food??

Okay, so it sounds like the timeless question- but I'm unsure of ideas besides putting veggies in a blender. My dd is almost three, she LOVES fruit and does not eat junk food, but hates brocoli, spinach, etc (loves carrots though)...

Anyway, looking for any tips/ideas/advice on how to incorpate more vegetables in my daughter's food? (she goes to pre-school m-f btw, so the focus would mostly be for her dinner on weekdays and all meals wknds)

lexi8622

Asked by lexi8622 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I only use fresh spinach. She will never know her salad is made of spinach. I put spinach on my sandwiches instead of lettuce. Use the stems of the broccoli for her. Tell her it's giant beans if you have to. I like the stems better myself. The florets have that sand-like texture. While carrots are good for her, if she wets at night, stop the carrots at night. They promote fluid elimination. Try acorn squash with brown sugar. Tell her it's a dessert we can have for dinner. Show her the sugar. And, if she doesn't want something, just say ok. Hey dad, we can have her share. She will get over it. A lot of veggies are acquired taste. Don't push too hard,
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My kids love V8 fusion juice, it has 2 servings of both fruits and veggies, but you only taste the fruit. I dont have the veggie problem with my dd, but I do with my sd, she is a VERY picky eater, but she loves this juice!
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 12:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Sauces are wonderful for hiding vegetables. When you make spaghetti sauce, load it up! Look online and you can find some fun and interesting recipes for "slipping the vegetables in." Keep trying whole and fresh options too. She needs to learn that she has to eat them instead of thinking that's she's getting away without even though they're in the food you make. She sounds like she is a good eater otherwise so just keep offering!
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 1:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2011