How can I incorporate more veggies into my dd's food??

Okay, so it sounds like the timeless question- but I'm unsure of ideas besides putting veggies in a blender. My dd is almost three, she LOVES fruit and does not eat junk food, but hates brocoli, spinach, etc (loves carrots though)...

Anyway, looking for any tips/ideas/advice on how to incorpate more vegetables in my daughter's food? (she goes to pre-school m-f btw, so the focus would mostly be for her dinner on weekdays and all meals wknds)

lexi8622

Asked by lexi8622 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Have you tried edamame? My kids loved it when I get them still in their pods, so they could gently squeeze them to pop the beans out.

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• V8 Fusion is delicious! My kids love it
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 11:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I agree with V8 or juice drinks that don't taste like they have veggies in them, but do. Otherwise, I'd suggest making some type of pasta, with the sauce hiding the chopped veggies!!!
    Jesusis4always

Answer by Jesusis4always at 12:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Just put a veggie on her plate at every meal and don't force it on her. Eventually she will try them. You can also sneak veggies into soups, omelets, etc.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I would suggest talking to your doctor but also V8 is good and they have all different flavors now

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Soups - puree the veggies. Spaghetti sauce - homemade - pureed so there's no chunks. Pureed veggies in more sauces. The only problem with hiding veggies though is she's not going to get used to them - and will keep rebelling for the rest of her life. I wouldn't hide them, just keep offering them, let her shop with you and pick out stuff to try, let her help cook them, grow a small garden and let her help plant, weed, and pick the veggies, eat them with her, let her see you enjoying them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Those V8 drink have high concentrations of pesticides; your child is much too young to be exposed to that.
    Throw kale or spinach in smoothies
    Make avocado pudding
    Make baked kale chips
    Make peanut sauce for dipping broccoli and other veggies.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• good luck
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011