How can I incorporate more veggies into my dd's food??

Okay, so it sounds like the timeless question- but I'm unsure of ideas besides putting veggies in a blender. My dd is almost three, she LOVES fruit and does not eat junk food, but hates brocoli, spinach, etc (loves carrots though)...

Anyway, looking for any tips/ideas/advice on how to incorpate more vegetables in my daughter's food? (she goes to pre-school m-f btw, so the focus would mostly be for her dinner on weekdays and all meals wknds)

lexi8622

Asked by lexi8622 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Health

• Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• The best thing to do is to mix what she likes with what she doesn't. I got my Son to eat broccoli by putting cheese on it. I got him to eat salads by making shapes. Such as eyes, nose and mouth out of the parts of food. He wanted to see each part disappear, so he'd eat it. To my joy and delight he'd subconsciously do what he was supposed it do.
    Avitar

Answer by Avitar at 11:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Charis ... that's them! Thanks for the links!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My kids like goulash. I buy the frozen Steamfresh veggies and put those in with some noodles and meat sauce sometimes. They love them! Also, try letting them help you "decorate" their own little home made pizzas with all sorts of veggies. :) Mine like this, too. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• There is a book of recipes that a mom came up with on how to get more veggies into their favorite foods, but for the life of me, I cannot remember the title.

Does anyone know the book I'm talking about???

I just remember that she had a lot of good ideas. If anyone does remember, I would be grateful so I could sneak some in for my family and they are all adults here!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Broccoli can go in pretty much any pasta, you can blend cauliflower and mix with mashed potatoes, Other then that just keep offering it on the plate. If she is almost 3 you can have her "help" you make the veggies and that might encourage her to eat them.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My youngest HATES veggie. I can't even sneak them lol. I buy him V-8 fusion light with less sugar. You can also get pediasure, but it is pricey. My ped recommend carnation instant breakfast. It's got the same vitamins. I figure he will grow into liking then (I hope! )
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2011