C section question

so, Im just wondering, if I go into preterm labor, and had to go on those meds that make your heart race (I had to take them with baby #2) would I have to take them right up till 39 weeks when my C Section is planned for or would they move up my section a couple weeks or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Meds that make your heart race? ???
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• that keep you from going into labor, i dont know what they are called I just remeber hy heart racing and feeling like a was have one huge panic attack the whole time I was on them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Terbutaline.
    I would guess it's a case-by-case situation.
    If avoidable, stopping the meds would be preferable, imo.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• ive had 2 c-sections. my doc said that my uterus wall was alarmingly thin when she did the last c-section and that she might do the next c-section at 37 weeks. First she will do an amno to make sure the baby's lungs are mature enough. I'd guess (im no professional) that if the situation you discribed happened, they'd do the same type of test before moving your date up unless your life or your baby's life is in danger. Keep in mind that 37 weeks is full term. Good luck
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2011