I just have to point this out...

We are on public assistance.

I am a stay at home home.

I am pregnant with my 3rd.

We all dress nicely. My daughter always has a cute bow in her hair that matches her outfit, my son has a ton of little hats that match most of his outfits,my hair and makeup is always done, I dress nice and I have alot of shoes and purses, my husband wears a nice suit and a newly ironed button up to his $9/hour job.

I never knew we had to change our clothes to use our food stamps.

Everything we have, we had before my husband lost his ( comfy ) job.

I got pregnant right before he lost his job.

We are not using the system, obviously my husband still works and is still looking for a better job and we plan on getting off of PA asap.

I know this post is dumb, but I feel like I had to get it off my chest since everyone who thinks we use the system because we look nice and I am sporting a baby bump while using food stamps!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• People will always judge, especially with our country in poor economic shape because when no social security is avail for retirement, one cannot help but hope people aren't using the system. Try to let it roll of your back and skip wearing hats.
    Anonymous

• In these times, I understand. The ones that don't understand haven't been there. Keep your head up, keep yourself dressed respecfully, and feel sorry for those that bad-mouth you. My daughter has been out of work since Dec 09. My boyfriend worked about 80 hours last year. He's Union. Should they automaticly change into rags? I don't think so. They still have their pride. You keep your, too. Good luck to you.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Oh mama, people are a-holes for judging anyone just because they're on PA. You said your husband lost his 'comfy job' but is still working at the moment, that means you've paid into the system (and probably have done so for years, I'm assuming) so why not get something back out of it when you fall on hard times. That's what it's there for, right?! I mean it's not a lifestyle which you know, it's a helping hand for people like you who hit a rough patch in life. I don't think you have to justify the way you and your family dress or look.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• you said it girl! hope you feel better dont let the idiots put you down, hope you feel better
    thesouthernmom

Answer by thesouthernmom at 1:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2011