I would really really like to adopt a child or sibling group. My fiance doesn't like the idea. should i get rid of him or the idea of adopting? lol

I think he would change his mind if one of us had a bigger place. i suggested adding on.

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 11:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Adoption

• He needs to be 100% on board before you proceed. Maybe he will change his opinion over time, maybe not. Don't begin the process with him though unless and until he is ready....the same goes for getting pregnant. It isn't fair to a child to have a reluctant parent.

If he does not decide he wants to do it, and it is something you really want to do, you must choose what is most important to you. I think children win over men every time, without exception.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 1:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Depends...do you love the idea of adoption more or him more? Seriously, not kidding here. Don't expect him to change his mind. Don't assume this or that (if we only had a bigger place he might) will be the "thing" that changes him from a not wanting to do this to wanting to do it. Never go into a marriage with the idea that you will change how another person thinks or feels or acts. You're in for a disappointment.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the others. I strongly state that you and your fiance need to come to agreement on this topic BEFORE you get married. Getting married or deciding to become parents is not something to be done without complete agreement. You can't get married and think he will eventually change his mind, or that you will eventually wear him down on the subject. If you do wear him down and he agrees for you but it still isn't his preference, it is not fair to you, him, or the child(ren) that their father wasn't 100% behind becoming a father.
    susie703

Answer by susie703 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If your serious with your question, get rid of the idea of adoption, it is a very serious matter. You should do a lot of research into the different types of adoption, it is not for the faint of heart... Then decide what is more important to you...
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2011