Trying to lose 130lbs!?!

It's so disgusting, I've gained so much weight after having two kids. I'm embarrassed to even leave the house or go out with friends I feel like the token fat girl. Or that people are always thinking look at the fat women with those two babies or she shouldn't be here... I've joined the gym to try and help but when I go I feel out of place sometimes. I'm still nursing so I can't do anything too drastic is there anyone else struggling like this and did anything help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• When I started working out 2 mos ago I needed to lose about 50. I have since lost 10-11. I have cut out extra junk, and sugar and I have also been paying close attention to portion control. I am also getting in about 15-20 min of cardio 3-5 times a week. If you can slowly increase your physical activity even if it is for 5 min a day or even in 5 min increments you will start to make progress. If you start out with realistic goals of 1-2 lbs a week then you will hit your goal. The weight didn't go on overnight so it won't come off overnight. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Weight Watchers has a system in place for breast feeding mothers and if you sign up online the membership is actually a very reasonable price. I'm doing Weight Watchers right now (the regular system, not the breast feeding one) and I've seen great results in just 2 weeks.

KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 11:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I'm in the process of losing about that much. 50 lbs down so far! You can do this! Don't be drastic about it or start taking diet pills, which are never a good idea, especially while breastfeeding. Start looking at you portion sizes and what you're eating. Could you be making better choices? I've been successful through eating clean, which is all about eliminating processed and refined foods, eating small frequent meals, and using food as fuel. I don't go hungry, and I feel fantastic! It also gives me more energy for exercise. You can PM me if you'd like, I can send you a link to my journal with eating clean basics. You can do it!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:12 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Do complete system cleanse to determine how much weight you really need to lose. you will lose weight and digest better afterwards. you will also be able to absorb nutrients better. I hear about diets all of the time, but they don't work well with dirty colon. Those diets get written off as not working, but really it starts from within.
    Avitar

Answer by Avitar at 1:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It's a serious amount of weight, but going to the gym is a start...also, make sure you get the right balance of good carbs, good fats, protein and fiber. Losing weight while breastfeeding is no harder than losing while not breastfeeding...the difference in calories needed go right to the milk instead of your hips...good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I am in the same boat I have over 100 pounds to lose also and it is hard, first off I would talk to your doctor and see what they suggest and walking helps alot and you can take your baby out with you even

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Lots of great suggestions already. Remember that your willpower and determination start at the grocery store. If you don't buy it, it won't be available to snack on when you are home.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I also need to lose atleast 100 pounds. I recently gave birth and gained a lot of extra weight with actually both children! The last time I lost a lot of weight I was eating smaller meals often, no soda, and walking a lot! So I think that I will do that and also go to our gym we have here in our apartment complex.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:12 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Try www.loseit.com It works just like weight watchers but it's free. Just sign up, enter your weight and your goal weight and it calculates how many calories you're allowed per day. Keeping track of what you eat ensures that you don't go over in calories. Add walking or other exercise to your day, every day. Stay committed and you will see results. Good luck!

parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I've got nothing that I haven't already said in the past for other questions. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:01 AM on Mar. 18, 2011