Why would my child not want to eat, and now all of a sudden want to eat a lot?

My daughter would not eat very much for the longest time, she always wants to drink juice, milk, and water, but not really eat any food. Now she wants to eat all the time and a lot. She even tells me that her tummy hurts because she is hungry. I do not understand why she is all of a sudden wanting to eat all this food.

torrezra

Asked by torrezra at 11:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe she is growing.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Growth spurt?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• When we are thirsty, the signals are the same as being hungry. Give her water to drink while you fix a snack. Bet she doesn't eat as much.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I agree, all my kids did and do that. They will eat like a demon for a couple of weeks...and then all the sudden hardly nibble on anything. A few weeks later they've outgrown all their pants or shoes or something.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It sounds like she is going through a growth spurt. All children have periods of time where they are not interested in eating because it involves sitting still and its boring. They would much rather go play but when they are going through a growth spurt their body makes it a priority.
    mamacam7

Answer by mamacam7 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2011