Would you also "defriend" someone for things like this?

Last year I met this girl that I thought was pretty cool...at first. Then, she started talking about how she had to get her moon and start tattoo covered because people were starting to think she was a "g**d*** Muslim towel head" (her words, exactly) because a young girl we go to school with invited her to Mosque (I don't even think she had seen the tattoo, since it was winter and my "friend" was always wearing long sleeves and the like, and the tattoo was on her arm). She talks crap about every religion besides Christianity, and then she'll go out and get high like every week and come to school talking about how she "back slid again for the first time in almost 2 years," and she makes fun of people, etc. After a few weeks of that, I finally escaped her because she pissed me off so bad.

I can NOT stand people who are judgmental and hateful like that. She didn't act that way at first, but once she did, I couldn't take it. Would you stop hanging around someone for these things, too?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• i would defriend her too
    ryahzMommy

Answer by ryahzMommy at 7:27 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Most definitely.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yeah, it's never fun to be arond someone who constantly judges like that.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• rolling on floorthat you even have to ask

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• The saying goes "you are identified by the company you keep." Sounds like you need better and more stablized friends.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• yes I would!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• You bet. She sounds like she's a couple cans shy of a six pack. Moon and stars isn't Muslim. I would guess it to be Wicca or someone that loves the outdoors and/or astrology. And you don't need negative people around you, it will pull you down. Religions are to be respected, if nothing else. They have worked long and hard to find their path. Most religions lead to the same end. You don't have to believe like they do, just respect that they have a right to believe the way they want. And, if she backslides every week, then doesn't admit last week, she's in denial. You are a lot more grown up than she is. Let her go her own way. Find things to be busy with when she wants to hang with you.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yup. I can't stand that kind of talk. And next thing you know, the two of you are at the mall, and she is talking her "towelhead" language, and everyone thinks you agree.

I would have to defriend her.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would defriend her. I have friends from all walks of life, and I would not talk down about someone's religion just because it is not what I believe in.
    vgmomof2grtkds

Answer by vgmomof2grtkds at 11:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Absolutely.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2011