How did breastfeeding go for you?

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• It went well for me three times

Answer by admckenzie at 11:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It was rough at first because of the soreness but I did it for almost 3 mos, ds wanted to eat ALL the time though so I think it just wasn't satisfying enough for him, I started supplementing formula and cereal and then he went to all formula, cereal, stage 1 foods
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 11:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• tried with my first didnt work.. never tried with my other two.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It didn't work out for me this first time, but worked wonderfully the second time. Sometimes it depends on the particular pregnancy and child I suppose.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It went horribly while I was in the hospital (long story), it went great after I got out until DD was 3 months, and then I lost my milk, thanks to the Mirena (which from what I had heard and read for months before giving birth, should not have caused, but after it happened I found out it happened a lot).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It took us 6 weeks to really get on track. I'm so glad we pushed through! From there, it was generally fine (biting here, growth spurt there, but all normal). We nursed until 18 1/2 months, and I will likely go longer next time around.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It was rough for the first 2 months but after that amazing. My DD is 13 months and we are still going strong. Love it!! So glad we hung on.
    AshellG27

Answer by AshellG27 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i had a nightmare of a expierence with both my children ended up with mastitise so bad i had to have it drained but am pregnant for a third time and even though i had a bad expierence im seriously thinking of trying again. call me crazy!
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• wonderful... my first taught me how to do it... she was great.
    my second was a snacker, it went well but was tiring.
    my last had ear infections from early on and quit early... poor thing.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:05 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Super! It was so easy for me (don't hate me!). My boys were all champion nursers, I had tons of milk, and being Canadian I had a year of mat leave so I didn't have to worry about pumping and using bottles. Right from day one it was just easy, there was really no adjustment period, no having to work at it, it really was just natural for me and my babies.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2011