Did you have your baby early if so how early and is your baby ok?

Was you baby born early if so how early, is it normal for the first baby to be born early?

babydoll845

Asked by babydoll845 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my aunt had her son at 23 weeks 2 days, and he's going to college right now. have faith in god, he'll do whatever's best for you and the baby.... <3
    Integrity13

Answer by Integrity13 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i gave birth to my son january 25th 2011, at 23 weeks 6 days. hes had a few hurdles and surgeries but hes doing better than the doctors expected.
    ko202008

Answer by ko202008 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My son was born 20 days early- still technically full term. He was 7 lbs 5 oz 22 inches, so no real concerns.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:05 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• #1- 35 weeks, girl, vaginal birth- had some breathing difficulties that resolved on their own within 5 hours.
    #2- 37 weeks, boy, c-section- spent 2 weeks in the NICU with breathing difficulties due to the c-section. (apparently very common, though they don't tell you that before the c-section.)
    #3- 36 weeks, boy, vaginal birth- spent 36 hours in the NICU with breathing difficulties. Was taken off CPAP after 24 hours, and then weaned off his glucose drip the following 12 hours.
    Girls tend to do better born early than boys. White boys seem to be the wimpiest by far and will require much longer NICU stays that other babies.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:28 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My son ended up being born a month early due to my leaking fluid. He was born emergency c-section since his heart beat went down to 40 bpm. Other than having hip displaysia (which I believe is because of low fluid for him to be in and all), he was fine. He was only in the NICU for 30 min. He passed the hearing test on the second day.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 10:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011