Do you think homosexuals have more battles raising children than straight parents?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• possibly from the outside world, but I think anyone who is different to the outside world has those battles
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I agree, we all have battles. I just wonder if they deal with anything different.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Probably, just because there are so many people that don't accept it. That would be hard to face. However, there are ways in which they may have it easier, especially since most gay couples I know are so in love. That makes things easier.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• no but i think the children have more battles
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I just spent time with a lesbian married couple and their two children. The kids couldn't be in a more loving home and were well behaved, funny, and well-adjusted. The daughter, who is a 4th grader, has a ton of friends and is accepted at her school with no problems. The younger child is a boy who isn't school-aged yet but is very outgoing and engaging. The couple has a wide circle of close friends. They have a lot of support from both their straight friends and their homosexual ones so I don't think raising the kids has been challenging for them so far or that they have any more battles than other couples do.
    cege

Answer by cege at 2:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I would seriously doubt it! All studies show how well adjusted the kids are and even some with better coping skills.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 3:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think when children have foundation, love and respect growing up, they have a sense of being "normal" and less battles, regardless as to the sex of the parents. I never go by studies because studies are only based on a certain percentage of people but when you see "life" for yourself, you no longer believe in those studies.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2011