In love with my husband, would never be unfaitful... is flirting innocent?

My husband and I are happily married. We've been married 2 years, have a beautiful baby boy, we communicate great, and really are best friends. We started dieting at the beginning of the new year, and have both lost significant amounts of weight (i've lost 20 lbs!)and along with that weight loss our sex life has blossomed because our self esteem has sky rocketed. Well, with my sky rocketing self esteem also comes confidence. I work full time, and work with a mostly male staff. I sometimes find mysel flirting with men, who are also married. I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER act on anything! I'm so happy and feel guilty even posting this, but I kinda have to vent! Recently I had a dream about a certain guy I work with, who has recently gone out of his way to talk to me and it feels good getting the attention. Is this wrong of me? I'm no longer used to flirting so I don't even know if that's really what you'd call what I'm doing, but to be honest it feels good to be looked at by men again because since having a baby I've just felt like a blob. And I'm not doing anything to give a guy the wrong impression, a lot of the time if I'm having a conversation my husband comes up in discussion.... so... is this wrong of me, or what??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• my rule of thumb....
    never do anything I wouldn't want my hubby to do
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think it's wrong to do anything that you wouldn't want him to see you doing.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:45 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I consider flirting emotional cheating. Just because your not acting doesn't mean its not wrong. Think about it this way wouldn't it hurt to know that your DH is flirting and likes the attention from other woman. If you love someone their opinion and attention should be the only one that matters. But everyone is entitled to an opinion.
    Liblib430

Answer by Liblib430 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Girrrrrrl...you're playing with fire. Been there, done that. Hubby's friend started flirting with me all the time--hubby was even there alot of the times when it happened. I don't think he took it seriously..you know..like it was all fun and games. Well, his friend and I was alone a cpl times and the flirting led to kissing and touching. I stopped it because I couldn't live with myself. We never had sex, but it was still cheating in my book.
    I know how you feel about loving the attention you're getting. Sometimes nothing can make you feel sexier than attention from another man. Flirting starts out innocently, but if you're not careful, lines will get crossed. So be careful. K?
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my hubby and i have been together for 32yrs yes we look but never ever touch yes we flirted but to people we know but
    as long you know this is going on you should know when to back off .i to have lost alot of weight over 150lbs yes it feels good when others take notices of us but ,there always that but
    talk to your hubby what going on he might be getting same thing at work .work together
    as long as his shoe's under your bed
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I agree with Mel in PHX....if you wouldnt be comfortable with your husband flirting with a female co-worker then it's not cool for you to flirt with a male one
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I've heard that flirting is good for the relationship. It gives you attention that you might need and it makes him proud that others look at you and flirt back.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Oh please who cares about flirting. We're only human, it's totally normal. As long as the other person is aware that that's all it is and that nothing will become of it. I believe that flirting is something that happens naturally without thinking. You don't intentionally walk up to someone and talk them up. It's sort of a response. There's no harm in it as long as there are no jealousy issues.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 11:17 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i think it's wrong to flirt, would you want him flirting with someone else?
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 2:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i say alittle flirting doesn't hurt so long as you don't take it to the next level. But if you believe that it can go further stop it right now. dont' continue flirting, especially if you are saying how wonderful your relationship is with your husband now. or better yet take that flirting and use it on your husband. that always helps the marriage.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011