Would you let an 11 year old girl listen to Kesha?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 12:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• If you want the 11 yr old listening to bad music... lol. The girl is not talented whatsoever, she says she wakes up with a bottle of Jack and she thinks Mick Jagger is good looking, ummm I'm gonna say no to this one, lol. I'll be honest, if I like a good pump me up song on my way home I might listen to it, but i usually end up shaking my head and turning to back to some real music...
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i heard my 11 year old sing along to that song and i was like.... ahhhhh, hell no! It is so trashy
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Maybe, but I'd rather my child listen to something good, lol. I swear, there is rarely good music coming out these days.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My kids do and they are 10, 9, 8 and almost 5. They were the ones that introduced me to that kind of music. Now I put it on for them and we all sing along.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Nope. Only what's on the radio (radio edit version).
    myshinymonkey

Answer by myshinymonkey at 8:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• nope ... but my kids seem to know the words to all kinds of songs I don't approve of ... sigh
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Have a 5 and 15 year old daughter. So it is hard to control what the little one is listening when she is with her big sister. I caught her singing that song and I was shocked. Like I said, it is sometimes hard to control, but I explained her, that what she is singing is "BAD". She loves singing that song, so we changed that line. Now she is singing " walking down the street with a bottle of milk". I laugh ROF when she sings it like this.
    oaktree71

Answer by oaktree71 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011