DISNEYLAND

I want to take my DD to Disneyland. I started googling some stuff and it was like information overload!!! I need some experienced disneylanders to tell me where to start. Should I use a travel agent?? Should I fly right into Anaheim?? Where do you stay besides "The Disneyland Resort"?? Do you need a rental car?? How much money should I plan on spending in the park itself?? And any other helpful tips would be GREAAAAT!

AshellG27

Asked by AshellG27 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Travel

• I looked on their website. I also had a google maps tab open. I looked at where their neighborhood hotels were in relationship to the gates. Then I checked the rates on hotels.com and the hotels' own sites. I went with the Disney package. It was the best rate at the time. The hotel we stayed in was on Harbor Blvd, right across from the main gates. It was perfect. I could take D2 for a nap while the older kids waited in the pool for their fastpass time.

I drove to CA from home for a family event (it was cheaper for us that way.) So we had our car. DH joined up with us and Disney was the reward for putting up with the family thing. So I have no advice on flights or car rental.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Im not a pro at disneyland but have been. We stayed at a partner hotel, about 150 per night, sometimes they have specials. park hopper pass for 2 days is about 170, again sometimes there are specials. I live about a 6hour drive away so we just get a rental vehicle, in the past we just got a huge SUV because we have a tiny car of which is not comfy for a long ride. Pending how old your kid is a rental stroller can be very beneficial if you don't have a comfy stroller. If I were you I would make a set budget per day based on what you can afford, some people go and spend a couple hundred because that's ther budget, some splurge and spend thousands, really just depends on your income
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I would try to fly into John Wayne Airport, its just a short freeway hop up to Anaheim. Ontario isnt bad either. LAX sucks. I will give you one meal price. At the Buzz Lightyear Pizza Palace, I think thats the name,...its next to Space Mountain. One dinner was $10. They have a lot of pizza and pasta dishes there. They have coffee shops, bakery shops, ice cream shops and a candy store on Main street. Plus all the venders who have popcorn stands and such in the park. Dont worry about bringing enough cash they have ATM's everywhere, unless you will be using travelers checks. You might want to check with a tour agent for the best deal on hotel rates in the area. They also have trams that will get you in and out and back to your hotel super easy now. Have fun!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• travel

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:00 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• are you by any chance military? if so they have a resort just for military and offer great military discounts. but the active duty military person has to be present. my husband is marine corps and he took me, my daughter, my brother and my sister for christmas, it was great.
    mrs.trial

Answer by mrs.trial at 2:40 AM on Mar. 9, 2011