Could I have had a minor heart attack?

On Thursday night, I experienced a slightly tight chest on the way home from work. I have had slight chest pains before so pretty much just ignored it. It slowly got worse as I drove along until it got down right annoying. I thought perhaps I was just hungry and needed a snack. I stopped at the store and got some candy but by this time my pains just kept increasing. Getting a bit frightened and starting to lose some breath, I spotted a stopped cop car and drove up to it to tell the officer of my plight.

Before I knew it, I was in the back of an ambulance have such deep pains that it almost felt like contractions in my chest. My arms were feeling numb to the point where I barely even felt the IV going in. After like 5 hours at the ER, I got no answers and was told to follow up at a cardiologist. I am seriously scared that I might have had some minor heart attack...but there was no damage done. I've had panic attacks before and this wasn't one of them. Has anyone have any ideas?

Anna-Chubaby

Asked by Anna-Chubaby at 12:44 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Health

• It sure does sound like a heart attack. I would keep going to dr's before they give you a straight answer. They should do an echo cardiogram.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• The ER I went to drew several vials of blood for tests and did an xray. The blood tests showed no damage but that I should see a cardiologist.
    Anna-Chubaby

Comment by Anna-Chubaby (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2011