If you have an older brother or an older sister......

what did they want to name you? My sister wanted to name me Samantha, and I guess we all know why don't we? LOL!

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Not a clue. I know with my mom though, after she was born, the shortened version of her name was supposed to be Trudy, but her older brothers couldn't pronounce it and instead she became Uti, and she's still called that today.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My sister was the only person who gave me the nickname, "Lou". That has an endearing meaning for me to this day. Sometimes I have even caught myself calling my own dd that. lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i was to be a boy so the name was to be john so instead they name johnette
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Wow that sucks SweetLoveofMine...I don't have older siblings but I wanted to name my little sister Olivia but since she's adopted she already had her name lol my mom didnt want to change it.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My elder sis is only 2 yrs elder to me. Na she could never thought of naming me. A lil grown up we used to fight a lot abt each & every thing.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have 4 older sisters and I have no idea if any of them had name suggestions for me. I like my name so I never thought to ask.

As to you sister wanting to name you Samantha, I have NO CLUE what your "we all know why" reference is to??????
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 1:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• lol, I don't know. But I do know how my hubby got his name. His older brother & sister picked out the name Keith for him after that show "The Partridge Family". So that's his name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My brother wanted to name me Ana after an actress he thought was super pretty. He got his way, Ana is my first name lol
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 2:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My older sister was never around. She is 13 years older than me and she left when she was 12. My cuz debbie stepped in her role as big sis and I couldn't have been more blessed! My real sis is a LOSER!!!!!
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 8:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I am the oldest, but when my son was 5 I was expecting a girl. When I asked him what we should name his new sister he replied..French Toast. Her boyfriend heard this story and calls her French Toast all the time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2011