COLIC.....Larger chested ladies, do slings work? How long does Colic last?

Ok, so I think my 4 week old is getting colicy. And, as I'm a large chested woman, I'm going to go out and get a sling to get her in, but I need to know if they work for us. Also, how long does colic last?

Lillysmomma1024

Asked by Lillysmomma1024 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Colic can last for a while, but typically not longer then about 3 months. My dd (7 m) still occasionally has her witching hour but it gets much better!!
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Colic fades between 12 and 16 weeks though the intense fussiness can last well past 12 months.
    I used a front carrier instead of a sling. It helped some. She would stop screaming about half way around the block.

All I can tell you is that every baby is different and what helps the today may not help tomorrow. Of course what didnt' work yesterday may work today.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Until about 3 or 4 months it will last. I'm not a big chested person... AT ALL but i didn't like the slings because it made my back hurt
    JJjade87

Answer by JJjade87 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'm a larger chested woman and nursing and yes, slings do wonders! I have 2 different kinds and both of them serves their purpose. One is good for when I need to cook and use both of my hands, the other one I like to use for when I am nursing him.
    purecity

Answer by purecity at 9:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I am large chested and was worried about the same thing. It works WONDERS just make sure you get one with padding, with a large chest you have wait on your shoulders and need anything that can ease the weight. My DD is about 15 lbs and I can pack her for several hrs with a bad back. By the way it's the ONLY time she sleeps is when she is in it.
    Anonymous

• I'm a 42 i cup, and I loved my sling to pieces. I have given it to two different people and asked for it back when they were done with it because I loved it so much. Even if I can't use it, I still want it. LOL

As for colic, in my experience, it lasted past 6 mos, my son's was horrible and took forever to fully disappear. One day, after he was 6 mos old though, it just magically was gone.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 11:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Oh and I had a Maya wrap without padding. There is a major learning curve, you have to practice to figure out how to use it, but it's totally worth it.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 11:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2008