Have you had to wash laundry by hand?

Do you look down on those who do? I'm washing a load of laundry by hand right now and let me tell you, that is the most tiring thing ever! I don't get why so many of my friends judge me because I hand wash my clothes.

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• The only time I have done it by hand is on vacation when I didn't have enough bras and washing my swimsuit. No, I don't look down on ppl who do.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Plenty of times.  Hey do what ya gotta do.  Maybe those "friends" need to be replaced if they are that judgmental.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• when i was younger my mom did it by hand and 14 kids that alot of clothes
    when my wash machine has broken down yes i have done few times ,
    nothing to laugh about hard work but when clothes smell great it is worth it
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yeah, we don't have a washer and dryer right now so sometimes when I'm too tired to go to the laundromat I just was everything by hand....seems like a stupid thing to look down on...I'm sure they would rather you wash your clothes by hand then to be walking around all stinky....People are so weird sometimes
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yes ma'am and I have a washer and a dryer..For example if it is a nice piece of clothing that shouldn't be washed/dried and I don’t want to risk it by taking it to the cleaners in fear of it being damaged bc it has happened before I just rather hand wash it myself..Also for the record these so called "friends" should not be judging you because of how you wash your clothes maybe instead of getting mad maybe they should offer up their washer or drying machine..Anyways do what ya gotta go those same judgmental friends could very well find themselves having to do the same thing!
    NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• yes and i hated it
    thesouthernmom

Answer by thesouthernmom at 1:07 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i have done it before my mother has done it before my grandma..my aunts..ok well alot of people lol i still hand wash bras and lingere
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 1:07 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yep. When we moved here we didn't have a washer/dryer and there wasn't extra money for the laundromat (not when we were only eating 2 meals a day...small portions, too). The baby only had a few things and they had to be washed so I did them by hand in the bath tub. It was NOT fun. My hands were so sore after I could barely move them. I can't imagine trying to wash adult clothes. I only did the baby's because he had nothing clean left. The rest of us wore every last piece of clothing even stuff that really didn't fit, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:12 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Ya during ma college days when I was in the hostel. I have done it...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:27 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• The worst part is rinsing them, wringing them out and finding a place to lay them out to dry! LOL!
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2011