Have You Ever Not Dated Someone Because...

They had the same name as someone you hate?

Jesusis4always

Asked by Jesusis4always at 1:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Na. It's only this that I'm in love for the very first time..
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 1:17 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No, but if I had been interested in someone with a name of someone else I disliked, I probably would have just lightly mentioned it to the person but still dated them :-). Dh actually has a last name of 2 ppl I disliked, but his name is very common so oh well!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:20 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If you eliminated someone based on something as superficial as their name you could be missing out an the greatest love experience of your life. That may be the very person you were intended for and you threw it away because you didn't like their name. so stupid....sounds really immature to me.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 1:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Hey, Woah, Don't be so judgmental. I wasn't even referring to myself. I was just wondering if it bothered anyone else, because I think about it when I meet someone new and they have the same name as my abusive step father, or my abusive ex husband.
    Jesusis4always

Comment by Jesusis4always (original poster) at 1:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I haven't dated someone because of the way he talked about his ex.
    normasue2

Answer by normasue2 at 1:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• back when i was single, if i met a guy and he had the same name as my abusive ex husband- yea i definitely would not talk to him or let it go further, no way-- how could you be with someone and their name, something you probably say every day, be that of someone who ruined a part of your life?? i think it has nothing to do with the actual name, and all to do with who the name represents.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Thank you lexi8622.. That's exactly what I was going for when I asked this.. *thankful hugs*
    Jesusis4always

Comment by Jesusis4always (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No. I do not see how a name would matter.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2011