are there realy people who belive wicca is Illegal????

Wicca is the largest of the Neopagan religions. Wiccans have great reverence for the Earth and for their Goddess and her consort, the horned God. Their main rule of behavior is the Wiccan Rede which forbids them from harming people, including themselves.

Do people realy belive this religion For yes it is a reconised religion is Illegal????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• even tho i have no clue nor heard of it but america is freedom of religion. ill have to look it up
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 9:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• omg they have a school for this
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 9:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I've never heard of it being illegal but it wouldn't surprise me in the least in some parts of the country or world. People fear what they don't understand so lashing out at a belief system so close to the forbidden Biblical "witchcraft" would make sense, to some anyway. IMO, completely idiotic frame of mind.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I don't understand how it could be considered illegal??
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• wow...ive never heard that it was illegal. i dont see how it could be. everyone in america is allowed to worship whoever/whatever they want so long as it doesnt break any laws.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• a lady in one of my other questions seems to think witchcraft is against the law
    Anonymous

• LOL... she is probably associating animal sacrifice w Wicca or Witchcraft in general... Wiccians don't sacrifice animals... That's the only thing I can think of???

DzineMama

Answer by DzineMama at 11:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It wouldn't surprise me if it was illegal in some states. People are always afraid of what they aren't familiar with. On a side note, it is illegal for atheists to hold a public office in quite a few states.
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 12:36 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• It cannot be made illegal in the United States. See the First Amendment.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:15 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• In the Nevada state constitution there are still laws from way back when that prohibit the practice of witchcraft. I don't know about other states, but I have made myself familiar with the laws regarding my religion in my state.

Although the state has a law against it, it is overruled by the federal laws and the US constitution. As soon as Wicca became a religion recognized by the US government/military the first amendment protected it...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 4:57 AM on Nov. 22, 2008