Does any one else have there baby on Nutramigen lipil ?

hello my name is sarah i have a 3 week old son and his doctor place him on nutramigen lipil and wow its a high brand . but my question is does it make your baby want to eat more?Right now he is drinking 3 oz but sometimes 4 oz.. The reason why they place him on this is because the similac adv wasnt going down well.

Sethsmom08

Asked by Sethsmom08 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The doctor I worked for only put her patients on nutramigen as a last resort. Does your baby have and reflux problems? Enfamil Gentle Ease Lipil is also good for bad tummies, its not as high as nutramigen but it is still high.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 10:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Sometimes just switching brands and bottles will help. DD was on Similac advance and using playtex drop ins and having tummy trouble so I switched to Enfamil Lipil and Dr Browns bottles and all was good. Similac is the harshest formula for babies, why so many hospitals and docs recommend it is beyond me. Even my son had issues with it, he ended up liking Target brand of all things! And sometimes switching forms may help, like going from powder to liquid or vice versa. Good Luck! I hated the formula game :(
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 10:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yes it makes them eat more because it is predigested. Same thing happened with my son! I find myself writing the same answer reguarding nutramigen and weening them off when the time comes. But he was eating every 2-3 hours for a bit, then 3 hours...and he is 15 weeks and still wants to eat every 3.5-4 hours sometimes...and he isn't on nutramigen anymore!! LOL So please, if you have any further questions to compare regarding nutramigen, getting nutramigen coupons from Infamil, etc. feel free to msg me personally. I don't want some mum's to get annoyed reading the same things.....girls can be cranky LOL
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2008