What is the one thing that your kid does that makes those hard days worth it!

my little boy (18m) will run up and give me a huge hug and kiss (binki and all) and it just melts my heart!

thesouthernmom

Asked by thesouthernmom at 1:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 6 year old daughter generously cut off and shared some of her delicious steak tonight with her 9 year old brother who ordered macaroni. He heartily thanked her for the steak. And it was such a nice moment that it made the other not so pleasant moments worthwhile!

...and I remember those binky kisses, thanks for that great memory! My son used to do that too!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Smile! And laugh!
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• when i kiss my two year old and she says i love you mommy, just makes my day!
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 2:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My 12 year old son,finds these funny cartoon characters on t,v, and does these dances that they do, to his own music, he tries so hard to make me laugh,it totally makes my day.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 2:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My 6 year old daughter tells me I'm the best mommy in the world. She cuddles with me in my bed when DH is gone on training or deployment. When my 12 and 13 year old boys do something for me just because they know I'd like it, or when they take time from their evenings and have a family movie night even though they know it's going to be a cartoon or movie their little sister picks, it's all worth it. I love how respectful and loving they all are even though some days it's so easy to forget!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:32 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Kenzie always says mommy you are in my heart and I love you all my life! It's too cute all 3 years of her sweet little life. When im having a bad day she sits quietly with me and sings the bruno mars song just the way you are but she says mommy your beautiful just the way you are:) My heart just melts. I love when I get tackled by her just so she can give me a wet sloppy kiss. Ugh! I love her to pieces.
    ShaunaYve

Answer by ShaunaYve at 2:48 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• When son says to me "mommy we are friends" 3 years old by the way
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 3:07 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Just the fact that my 2 litle ones are here on this Earth is enough to me. Everything they do melts me.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:42 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yep. When my kids randomly, out of no where, tell me they love me and hug and kisses with it, OMG, it makes the worst day great. :)
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 8:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Everything my Son does makes each day so much better..especially when He says "I love you forever, Mommie", snuggles with me, and gives me hugs and kisses just because - and when He does something silly to make me laugh. My Son is THE best, funniest, and sweetest Kid!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2011