WHat do you think of using frozen meat from a pet store for your pets?

Nitestalker

Asked by Nitestalker at 2:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pets

• a friend of mine who breeds and shows german shepards does this and her dogs are healthy and beautiful and it is much cheaper than frozen meat. she goes to local butchers and asks for all their scrap that they are going to throw away. they give her buckets full. and it's not bad stuff its just something that got dropped on the floor or the fat cut off the meat. and she mixes it with crushed vitamins and dry dog food.
    mrs.trial

Answer by mrs.trial at 1:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Excellent idea! That is the natural food for dogs. My dogs eat left over scraps of deer meat from my fiances hunting catch. also, my grandson raises turkeys and chickens for 4-H and when they butcher the dogs get some of that. I have very healthy dogs. I too have gotten some from the grocery store, but they give the bulk of it to some company for something. lol so i can rarely get it.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 12:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011