Should I be concerned?

This is my second pregnancy, but it is nothing like my first. If we drive over railroad tracks, the little bumps in the road or highway, if I bend over or walk to much I get what I am assuming are braxton hicks. My stomach gets so tight and uncomfortable and last for at least a minuet every time. This never happened with my first, so should I be concerned. Oh also with my firs I have to get a shot at 27 weeks to stop labor, I am 25 weeks now.

Micki-Cook

Asked by Micki-Cook at 2:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Relax and call your OB in the morning. GL!
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• keep in mind every pregnancy is different. Call your doctor in the morning if not for anything else but ease of mind
    3lilindians

Answer by 3lilindians at 2:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• As long as you aren't have more than 4 contractions (even if they are braxton hicks) you are fine. Call your doctor if you begin having more than 4 in an hour. When you notice them, sit down and relax. Usually they'll stop. I am pregnant with #4, and this time, the BH started around 16 weeks. I do notice they pick up when I am too active or even if I try to wear pants that are too tight. It isn't abnormal to have BH earlier or more frequently in subsequent pregnancies. Just as long as you aren't having too many at a time.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:24 AM on Mar. 7, 2011