Have you at any point in time felt jealous of someone? What was the reason?

AnuMeha

Asked by AnuMeha at 2:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No. I really have never felt jealous.

I have certainly had friends who have things or who have done things that I have really wanted to do...or have. In these cases I remind myself to be lucky to know someone who has achieved this. I consider it a step up to have a friend who has something that I admire and want to work up to perhaps. In other words, I usually find a way to appreciate what it is that they have and find a way to support them.

I learned at an early age what it is like to have a friend who is jealous and I sincerely made up my mind never to be that way because it just stinks. Jealous people are often really unhappy people. That is why you can't let jealousy take over. It really makes you ugly, inside and out. And yes, it is very noticeable.

I think that everyone has their own burdens to carry in life. Nobody has a perfect life. You must make the most of what you have and create your own happiness!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• In 8th grade I was always jealous of this girl who was better than me in math. She had 107% and I had 104%.

It is silly now.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I am jealous of the people who ask a questions on cafemom and get more replies than me
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 2:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• When I first met a friend of mine I was suffering from jealous a little bit.  She was always bringing over her new shoes and new clothes and showing me everything she bought and telling me everyday where they went out to eat at.  I swallowed it, never showed it.  But now that I see she's broke all the time and has completely ran her family into debt and her children have nothing, the jealous faded out.  Now I look at her and go "WOW", lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My best friend. She is perfect in every way. She is super pretty, has an awesome faith, wonderful boyfriend, great singing voice and everything. I do love her to death though and I know she has her bad times but I'm jealous how she makes life look perfect
    ibelayni

Answer by ibelayni at 2:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I sometimes get jealous when I see other ladies out and about with their husband's and families, they have nice things, a vehicle. I don't have any of that. I have a loving and very caring boyfriend who lives in Texas but I just miss having a family. I resent DD's father for leaving us high and dry.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 2:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Usually, I don't get jealous of anything or anyone, usually because I don't care what other people have. I also try to be content with what I have. But there are a few things that I once in a while become jealous of. For me it's not stuff, it's usually something more like when I was in kindergarten it was the popularity a girl had or right now I'm actually going through it just a little bit by seeing the joy and closeness of a friend and her husband. They're doing well right now and are happy and I'm happy for them and wish them well, I just want that too. But I know there is a time for everything and I'm sure my husband and I will do better like we have before. I also hate this feeling no matter how slight and am trying my hardest to get rid of it.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:39 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yeah. My hubby's cousin. When we were split up, him and his cuz used to hang out all the time. I know it sounds crazy to be jealous of a guy, but I was. We are all cool now. :)
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 8:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No I have never been jealous of anyone, I always try to look at the good in my life not the bad and be thankful to have as good of a life that I have.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i have always been jealous of my bff. not only does her family have money (we were lucky to eat some nights) but she has a great relationship with her mom and i always wanted that but my mother is a drunk mental abuser. thank God i found a great man and dont really have to be worried with that crap anymore
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 7, 2011