NASA scientist finds evidence of alien life?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/nasascientistfindsevidenceofalienlife

Aliens exist, and we have proof.

That astonishingly awesome claim comes from Dr. Richard B. Hoover, an astrobiologist at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, who says he has found conclusive evidence of alien life — fossils of bacteria found in an extremely rare class of meteorite called CI1 carbonaceous chondrites. (There are only nine such meteorites on planet Earth.) Hoover’s findings were published late Friday night in the Journal of Cosmology, a peer-reviewed scientific journal.

“I interpret it as indicating that life is more broadly distributed than restricted strictly to the planet earth,” Hoover, who has spent more than 10 years studying meteorites around the world, told FoxNews.com in an interview. “This field of study has just barely been touched — because quite frankly, a great many scientist would say that this is impossible.”

cont. in link

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 2:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I've always believed that simply, why COULDN'T there be life on other planets if there is life on ours? It almost doesn't make sense that we'd be the only ones... not logical, Mr. Spock.
    myshinymonkey

Answer by myshinymonkey at 8:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• They found living organisms. Of course I believe it, there atoms.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I feel it's rather selfish of humans to feel that any Great Being, God or Creator would choose to create just us
    and feel satified.
    Although people are hardwired to feel that they are the most important.
    Yea, I feel it's possible but you just KNOW someone's going to come along and disprove it.
    Look at the "Area 51" case.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 2:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have a sneeky feeling though people are going to use that to justify their feelings though. lol
    I believe in God but I also believe that we arn't the only planet with life on it...we just didn't have the means to find other life other than
    ours for so long.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 3:28 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think we would be completely narcissistic to believe God stopped creating life with earth. Of course there are other forms out there. Obviously we have proof of small life forms, but I would not be shocked if we learned there were other humanoid or animal type life on other planets somewhere.

Answer by gemgem at 8:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I believe there is probably life out there. I believe God created the heavens and the earth..why would he just put life here? Even the Vatican accepts the possiblity of other life.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:24 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• *their
    Hatsumomo

• Of course i believe in other life forms in our universe. Statistically speaking, the odds are extremely high. I actually believe alien's have something to do with us being here.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It doesn't mean there are alien life forms flying UFO's. It can just be micro organisms. If true.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:47 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Statistically I think it's highly probable that there is other life out there somewhere. Whether or not we'll ever come across any of this other life is another story. Also, there's life HERE that doesn't follow our usual laws of nature causing us to recently redefine what life is or what it takes to sustain life (like organisms that thrive on arsenic or phosphorus, for example). Plus, I believe all life came from other places, like supernovas. We're all made of 'star stuff' or 'star dust'. Personally, I don't believe in a creator god or gods or creationism. I believe the Universe is self-contained and self-creating. Nothing existed before it, and nothing can exist outside of it in space and time.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 7, 2011