How do i get close to him again?

we have been together for 8 years but now we are fighting alot we have both done stuff were not proud of but we are pulling away from eachother now all we do is fight we love eachother very much but we dont get along anymore its like we dont know eachother anymore i dont know how to get close to him again? at the moment we are not living together due to us fighting i dont know what to do!! any ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't do anything for a while. I'd take that time apart to get my act together in my own life before connecting with someone else. I'd get back to striving to fulfill my dreams and ambitions, make new friends, take up a hobby, etc. I would put him last on my list of priorities. I'd "Find Me" again. If it's meant for you two to be together then you will be.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If you both are wanting to make your relationship work maybe you could try counseling. I tried it and it actually worked really well.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• oh honey,

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU ! it's so hard, honestly idk what you can do but I want you to know that i'm in the same boat :(
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 2:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Swallow your pride.

Make a list of pros and cons, each of you for living with each other as a partner.

Find some common ground again. Go on a date to your old favorite restaurant and leave any arguments at home.

You two should take the assignment to do something nice for each other by the end of 10 days, but you can not tell your partner what you have done. At the end of the 10 day period sit down and you will tell your husband what the nice thing he did for you and your husband will need to tell you the nice thing that you did for him.

If all else fails, try marital counseling
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Ladies,

All i can tell you is speak from your heart. If you love him and he loves you then give it some time. The more you try to FORCE him to come home and be with you the more he is going to dislike you. Every couple goes thru their share of "rocky roads". People that say their relationship and marriage is perfect that's a LIE. Nothing is perfect. You have to work on it.. DAILY. The first thing to do is admit who was wrong. If in both cases then you both have to confess and come back into the relationship with a CLEAN slate. No more lies, no more sneaking around, no more "if you do this imma do this to hurt you crap-ola. Why make each other miserable? Love is NOT suppose to hurt in any way. Time has a way of healing all old wounds. You either heal the wound or move on. Life is short. Sitting at home crying your eyes out is NOT gonna fix this problem. Start off slow and see where it takes you.NO pressure from either side:)
    BoSsLaDy2172

Answer by BoSsLaDy2172 at 2:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2011