Help - my baby skips naps!

He's 9 months old and was on a perfect nap schedule for a while - twice a day, 11am and 3pm, one to two hours at a time. All of a sudden he started refusing his second nap and only sleeping for 30 or 40 minutes for his first nap. Is this a problem? Should I be worried? He doesn't really seem fussy, but aren't babies supposed to get all that sleep for developmental reasons?

Tentaculata

Asked by Tentaculata at 9:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter stopped taking naps at 8 months old. And even before that, she was only taking one nap a day. If she slept more than two hours during the day, she wouldn't sleep at night. She gets up at 7 in the morning, and is awake until 9 at night and she's doing fine. I wouldn't worry about it too much. He'll be fine.
    crdc91506

Answer by crdc91506 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Babies nap schedules will continue to change until they are in their toddler years... 18month... 2 yrs.. etc. It's normal.. my son did the same thing and it took us a while to figure out when he would take a nap and then it seemed when we figure out one time that worked, then he would change his schedule again... so just keep trying but u might want to try the nap at a different time of day
    JJjade87

Answer by JJjade87 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• my daughter only catnaps. i'm mostly to get her to sleep if she's in my arms or her swing or n thr car.

figure out where or what helps your baby sleep and put him in those situations when you want him to nap.

if i want my girl to take an afternoon nap, i may run my errands then so she'll fall asleep in the car.
    i know how frustrating it can be. it'll get better.... that's what i keep telling myself anyways! :)
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2008