When did your baby start sleeping more regularly?

I'm about at my wits end. In order for my almost six week old to sleep a perfect combination must be on sequence. She must be swaddled with one specific blanket and if she half way kicks out she's wide awake. Not to mention it takes her forever to nurse at night. I don't think I've had more than an hour of sleep n a row since she was born. I'm so exhausted. When did your baby's sleep patterns become even the slightest bit more manageable? Any suggestions for a very tired momma?

sydash11

Asked by sydash11 at 3:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby started sleeping normal at 2 months but then at 4 months she started waking up for feedings in the middle of the night. She is 7 months now and she still does it.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have a 6 week old and luckily he's just starting to settle, are you breast feeding? Because I was for 5 weeks, and found that he wasn't satisfied with just breast milk, so I slowly introduced formula which seemed to do the trick, and now I've stopped breast feeding all together because he was still hungry after every feed. I also now use SMA formula for hungrier babies, I try to use this formula throught the night, and original formula through the day. We've also got a routine in place, no matter what, he always has a bath about 9 pm and a bottle straight after, as soon as he starts to yawn we put him in his cot, if he cries, we ignore him (unless he sounds distressed), he eventually drifts off by himself, and sleeps for about 4-5 hours. Hope this helps! Good luck.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My kids always settled into a fairly predictable pattern by around 2 months.

Answer by missanc at 9:08 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• With DD, it was when she came home from the hospital. With DS 1 & 2, it was 6 - 8 weeks. DS 1 didn't sleep through the night until 12 months. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child got me he help I needed in getting him to sleep through the night. All mine were breastfed.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• each one of my 4 boys were different. My first slept more regularly at about 7 months old, my second closer to one year, my 3rd did not sleep through the night until about 15months and my 10 month old is still not sleeping through the night.....i have not had a full nights sleep since 2004......thats just part of being a mama.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• #1- slept through the night at 4 months.
    #2- slept through the night at 18 months.
    #3- slept through the night at 9 months.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• All babys are differant, My first slept through the night at seven to eight months, But my second baby had bad exsma and didn't sleep through the night til age two, And my last baby was about one. Its hard and tiring at the beginning. Thats why they give us mommys that job.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2011