When would you suggest packing your hospital bag?

njanngelbaby05

Asked by njanngelbaby05 at 3:17 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I read once in a baby book that 7 months was a good time to pack. That way, if you go into labor early you're covered. I didn't use hardly anything from my bag-both times. The hospital provides pretty much everything for the baby usually with the exception of a carseat. You need a "going home outfit". Other than that, it's all stuff for you, but surprisingly they provided pretty much all of that too, with the exception of clothes.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Depending on how long your staying I would suggest something to do like a book or laptop. I had a c-section and it had a mandatory 3 day stay at my hospital. 3 days of nothing but shark week and crimeshows can drive a person crazy.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 4:01 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I had a similar dilemma, I had twins first time round that came 6 weeks early, and now am expecting a singleton, which has stayed put a lot longer! What do you do if there are things you want packed that you may still want to use in the meantime..? Packing too early might not be do-able.
    If you make a really comprehensive list of exactly what you want in it, (not a pre-made one off the internet, a really specific one, e.g. "the blue and pink striped bedsocks", "my dressing gown with butterflies on", etc etc), then if for any reason you go into early labour, before you've packed, then just make sure a copy of the list is around for DH / mum / best friend to pack and bring for you xxx
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 4:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I turned my Hospital stay in to a spa retreat LOL with other children its all you can get sometimes, I got myself some nice new slippers and Pjs and shampoo and Conditioner and soap and magazines a book the baby outfits and baby stuff.
    nicoal4

Answer by nicoal4 at 5:03 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I did mine in the last 6 weeks, but I still needed my partner to run out and get more stuff as I stayed longer than planned, bless him, he literally did 3 trips home, and countless trips to the shops!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 7:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• im 30 wks , will be 31 on thurs , i packed my baby bag last week and mine isnt quite there yet. i think now is a good time to do so in case you go into labor early.
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 7:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I pack mine around 34 weeks and put it in the car. With my first, I ended up packing while in labor because I went into labor 5 weeks early.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Thank you ladies for the advice..I wasn't sure if it would be considered "to early" to pack it now or not.. :) have a great day all.
    njanngelbaby05

Comment by njanngelbaby05 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I packed mine bag around 32 weeks cus you never know when your go into labor.
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011