What would you do?

I am 2 1/2 months pregnet and I have this Conner shelf I made with my mom and my 5 th grade class it means a lot to me. When I was living with this girl I asked her to hold it for me till we got a set place to live and now I have one and want it back I went over and asked for it she told me " no you gave it to me you can leave now and slammed the door in my face . Want to take her to small claims court but it's my word against hers so idk I can ask my mom to come but we are not very close anymore that's why it's so important to me. What would you do?

Kittykattkate

Asked by Kittykattkate at 3:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• maybe you could call the police dept..tell them what u just said and ask if someone can excort u there to try and reclaim ur stuff. that way u have a witness ( police no less ) and you can also file a complant so if u do go to court it shows u tried to re claim ur shelf. hopefuly she didnt ruin it and thats why she wont give it back. also did u have anyone around that witnessed u saying to her till u found a place..u can also write her a certifided letter saying what u agreed on and that you would like it back ( be nice ) sign it date it and send it certifided mail that way she has to sign when she gets it..also put in it that u give her x amount of days to return or further legal actions will be made..if she dosent want court she will try to give it back...best of luck i hope u get it back. :)
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 3:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My only worry is she will break it or something childish like that if I tell her about court
    Kittykattkate

Comment by Kittykattkate (original poster) at 4:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Forget abot the shelf. It won't be worth all the hassel and headache it seems like she is going to give you over it. Buy another one, let her have it if she obviously needs it more than you, and move forward. You don't need the agrivation this early in your pregnancy. Stress like that can cause complications. Think of your baby first.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 8:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't think I'd go through the trouble and cost of taking her to court over it. Instead, why don't you make another with your mom, or if she can't help you, make one for the baby or something.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:28 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I understand what it means to lose something that is important to you, but it sounds like it will be more trouble than it is worth. SORRY
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 3:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2011