Auggg bought this house a few months ago...and theres a huge flood.

on my first floor is the utility room ( storage ) and my livingroom, bedroom and my bedroom...all flooded. not sure what to do..we put sand outside to help block the rain and we have been shop vaccuming since 4pm. it is now....355am. not sure what else to do. any ideas are more then welcomed...xo

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 3:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• OMg we are going thru the exact same thing. We used product called "quickcrete". It can be found at the home depot. If it quits raining for a while you can lay it and it sets up extremly quick. It would help the cracks. Also, check to see if you can get a trench built or "french drain" to help defer water. We are going after the people that did ours. You might look to see if previous owners are in breach of contract for failure to disclose.........hope this helps ;)
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 4:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• lol the only thing the owners said was a lil water gets in by the utility room door, but the whole side of the back of the house was letting the water pour in...every room was soaked with water xceot my bedroom. i was worried about my tv and computer stuff and our new couch. and now of corse the floors need to be redone. :( were gonna be on flood watch on friday supose to get a ton of rain tomorrow and tomorrow night..sigh...the night everything flooded i was awake for 27 1/2 hours.....trying to keep up with the water, then cleaning things up..so much fun with a 5 yr old around..lol.. i hope u dont get anymore water in your place xoxoxo
    tabbys4

Comment by tabbys4 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2011