Birth Plan for a planned c-section

What would you ladies put on one?
If got the basics of anesthesia,who I want there,stitches,free arm.It just feels like maybe I'm missing something.
I know I already posted something like this but I'm hoping that by putting it in this section that I won't get as many snide comments.

Thanks for the help

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 3:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am no help...lol I have never had to do that! I'm sorry!.......and I don't know how much of a plan you get have. Hmmm I have never thought about it!
    QuantumLove

Answer by QuantumLove at 4:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• The only other things I can think of are making sure you have packed everything you want for your hospital stay (special socks or pajamas you like, that kind of thing).
    Also, if you plan on breastfeeding, make sure you make your intentions known to the docs and nurses.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You should check out ICAN-online.org. They have lots of suggestions for things you can ask for to make a c-section better for mom and baby. You can still ask for skin to skin contact with the baby, having the baby stay with you in the OR and on into Recovery, you can ask that the drape be lowered so you can see the baby being born, you can ask the doctor not to call out the sex of baby and allow yourself or DH to do it, you can ask for narcotics in your epidural or spinal for pain control after the baby is born, you can ask them to play whatever music you'd like baby to be born to, you can to allow your husband and another person in the room (one for you, one for baby), you can still mandate what they do to baby after birth (do you want vitamin K injection? antibiotics in the eyes?- during a c-section there is no point in it, but most hospitals do it anyway. do you want to do the first bath? Hep B injection?).
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2011