IS my baby talking.????9/10 month old

I do have 4 girls ranging from the age of 7 and down. My 7 year old was an early talker and walker however I can't remember how early and now my 9 month old is saying things like up very clear when she wants out of her crib or wants me to wake up lol. But tonight I kept saying the word stop and I am so sure she said it. I know she can't know what i means but am I just hearing things or is is possible that she can actually say it? And please let me know what words you have been able to get her baby to say...

nicoal4

Asked by nicoal4 at 4:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes shes talking !! it isn't precise but it is definitely an accurate communication. Yay!!!! my babies would say mum, dad, bub, mine would say alf for or cat called Ralph, and goonk for drink, but I figure it was a clear effort to communicate with a word, and to me that is talking, have fun.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• She's trying! My son said "book" at 10 months and kept on from there. I didn't believe it at first either, but some kids talk earlier than others.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• When my daughters were 4months old, after being at a family reunion they were saying hi to my other relatives, and everyone was like OMG they're talking!!! But as everyone knows it was just repetition. But it was adorable as heck.
    RainbowMom132

Answer by RainbowMom132 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• all talk is repetition, that is how they learn that this word means something, but she is trying, and she is starting to understand that a certain sound gets a particular reaction - lots of bubs say "uu" ( as in up ) and they learn that if they say that, mommy picks me up. so clever little angels!!!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011