WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF U HAD TWO GIRLS FROM SOME ONE THAT WAS DEAD AND HIS FAMILY DIDNT BELIEVE THAT THOSE ARE HIS KIDS..

I HAD TWO GIRLS THAT WAS BORN WHILE TALKING TO THIS GUY FOR 6 YEAR ON AND OFF BUT WE WAS NEVER IN A RELATIONSHIP, I DATED 2 GUYS BUT I ALWAYS ENDED UP CHEATING WITH HIM I HAD A DNA TEST DID FOR ONE GUY THAT I WAS TALKING TO AND IT TURNED OUT NOT TO BE HIS BABY, WHICH WAS FOR THE OLDEST DAUGHTER, WELL HE THE GUY THAT I WAS TALKING TO FOR 6 YEARS ON AND OFF DIED TWO YEARS AGO AND I NEVER GOT TO GET A DNA TEST DONE BUT WE TALKED ABOUT. BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY MOTHER KEEP TELLING TO DO GET A DNA TEST DONE BUT HIS FAMILY ASKS LIKE THEY DNT GIVE RATS ASS, AND DONT WANT TO GO THRU WITH IT WHAT SHOULD I DO...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• Well, there's not much you can do really if they don't want to go through with it. You would have to have a DNA sample from either his mom or dad. I don't think they can include siblings. Anyway, I wish you the best. It's only hurting the child when they act that way. Very sad. I'm sorry.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Then forget them. If they don't want to accept those children, there's not much you can do. It's their loss.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I would try and get DNA from his parents so that way you can prove they are his remember they are hurting after you get it than go get social security for your kids good luck

Anonymous

• I would do as much as I can to try and find out who the father is. It is important for your kids. Can you get a court order? I have no experience on this subject, but I do think it is important. It might even help his family once they find out that these are his children. They will still have a part of him and your kids will have more people to love them. Good luck.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It can be done from siblings, and even cousins. If they don't want to know, I guess it's their loss but your kids are entitled to his social security if they are his.
    I'm so sorry that they're being the way they are.....unfortunately this happens often when you're not in a relationship everyone's aware of, or one that's not permanent and heck, lots of married men deny they're the father... sad for the kids. Good luck
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I can kinda see their point. They don't know for sure if those girls are their grandchildren. Did the father tell his parents he was the father or is this something you sprung on them after he died?
    I think I would want proof too.
    Did he have an autopsy done? Usually DNA is saved.
    Do your girls get death benefits (Social Security) from this man? If you strongly believe these girls are his they are entitled to his benefits. Social security could probably even help out by getting DNA from theis guys mom. That is usually who they get the DNA from when the parent isn't around to get it from.
    I hope for your girls' sake, you find out who their dad is and soon!
    They deserve to know.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'm sure the reason they are having issue with you wanting to get his dna is because confirming he is the father would mean he had behaved iresponsibily maybe even immorally in their eyes marring the memory of a son they miss and greive for daily. Here's my question. Why do you need the Dna test done? I don't mean to sound harsh but he cant pay child support etc. What difference would a DNA test make? You know in your heart who the father is and you cant make his family have a relationship with your children unfortunately
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:46 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• you can get a court ordered dna test. you can't get child support but if they are his kids, they should be entitled to survivor social security benefits since they're minors. and as far as his family goes why would you want your kids to have a relationship with people that think so low of them? i'd write them off and wouldn't even inflict the family on them who knows though. after a dna test, they may be more than happy to happily include them in the family.
    muensters_ma

Answer by muensters_ma at 5:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2008