More information added in red Have a question about stress tests

I am going to have a stress test later today and was wondering what all they do.

It is to check my heart because they did an EKG  and the doctor said it came back abnormal and it had looked like I had a heart attack and that is why he ordered a stress test. 

I have never had one done so would like to be a little prepared before I go. Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Health

• If it's for a cardiologists, they will take your blood pressure, go over your meds. basically what they would do in a drs. office.
    There are actually different test to do a stress test. The two that I've had was walking and drug.
    The treadmill they put electrodes on you to monitor your heart rate breathing then you start walking on a flat service they will eventually raise the service and have you go faster in the mean time they will ask you if you are ok if you have chest pains or problems breathing, etc.
    The other one is where they do the electrodes but the put and i.v. in and they give you a medicing thru your i.v. to make your heart go faster, there is usually a dr. in the room for that one.
    Hope all works out for you.
    my4loves3

Answer by my4loves3 at 7:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If its a nuclear stress test and they told you to fast you will be injected with nuclear meds, have images taken, then run on a treadmill than have some more images taken its all about 3 or 4 hours depending on where you go.. Good luck
    Beba022005

Answer by Beba022005 at 7:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't know if it's the same as a depression screening, where they give you a questionnaire to determine your state of mind? They'll probably do a blood pressure check as well.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 7:08 AM on Mar. 7, 2011