Im 27 weeks pregnant and today i was told that my babys head is slightly bigger than it sould be, sould i be worried.

ClaudzW

Asked by ClaudzW at 7:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I take it you've seen a midwife today? If they had concerns they'd have said when you were there surely. If they seem happy with how your pregnancy is going then don't worry :) X
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 7:10 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Thank you for answer. will try not to worry 2 much x
    ClaudzW

Comment by ClaudzW (original poster) at 7:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• The only issue I could foresee would be if the head is too big for a vaginal birth, you may have to deliver by c-section. But you said it's only slightly larger so I would guess you will be fine :)
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 7:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• relax , all babies grow at a different pace if they dont seem worried about it , you should be fine.
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 7:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Ditto from me - please don't worry!! You will of course, but these casually mentioned things almost always mean nothing.

I have to say, I wish midwives & doctors would keep some of these comments to themselves as I think they cause a lot of needless worry. One of my cousins spent the last few months of her pregnancy worried because they told her her daughter's head looked too small. Her daughter is 9 and better than fine.
    I spent the last few months of my pregnancy obsessing because they told me my baby was small. When he was born a week early at 6 lbs 10 oz, they said "Well, he had us fooled!" AGHHH!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I would be worried if they said it was smaller than what should normally be, but every baby grows at there own pace...and not all doctors/etc...are right on tthe size of a baby either. My doc said first dd was going to be around 7lbs....she was 11!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't worry. At 25 weeks my 3rd child was measuring "off the charts" huge on everything. He was born vaginally at 6 lbs. 13 oz. 11 weeks later. Try not to worry. (Nothing you could do would change his head size anyway!)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2011