Is it wrong of me to do this to my brothers gf?

He is serving out of the country. I feel like maybe if i invite her to all of our family functions and keep her as a friend that i would be keeping tabs on her. kinda like, my brother can't be with her..so she should atleast be being with us instead of running around with whoever.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes. It is dirty and underhanded.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:45 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• There's nothing wrong with inviting her to family functions, but your motives may be questionable. Is there a reason why you or your brother wouldn't trust her?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I dont think its right if thats your motivation. I would invite her to be nice though.

Answer by gemgem at 7:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think it would be good to include her in family activities, but not for keeping tabs on her. Are there some trust issues there? Does she seem like she might cheat on your brother while he is gone? I think it would be a nice gesture on your part to befriend her, but eventually she might become suspicious of your intentions.
    Reader4Life79

Answer by Reader4Life79 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i just have a feeling she is only going after him because he is in the military. ..trying to make an "easy" life for herself. He dont even know her and talks about how much he loves her. She only lives 30 mins from me so i figured i could get to know her for him. He has encouraged us to get to know each other..but i think i would like to get a little closer to this gal then just getting to know her.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 7:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• So what your saying is she is friends with questionable people? Its good to invite her over to activities but not for that reason.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• since she is part of the family...i would do the least and invite her, she can simply say no but there isnt much one can do if she is running around on your brother and nobody knows...
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• well apparently your brother trusts her. like everyone else said it would be nice to invite her but not for your reasons. i mean how would you feel if you found out someone was doing that to you?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think that if you want to get to know her because 1) he cares about her and wants his family to welcome her, and if 2) you are doing only that - you aren't butting into their relationship, trying to decide if she's worthy of your brother (he's the only one who can decide that) then I think it's fine. But, if you aren't able to do that, then honestly, I wouldn't. I would tell him that you love him and you support him, but you would rather wait until he gets home and they see where this relationship is going before you become friends with her, because you wouldn't want things to get awkward if you all become friends then they break up.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• pink dragon..no. i know nothing about her.. i've met her once. all i know is my brother goes on and on about how much he loves her. though he has never even met her. (its my belief she found him on facebook because she saw him in uniform)

i do think she puts on a big act though, the first time i got on her fb page her email address was "smokalotta" to me that says..smoke-a-lot of pot. she removed that quite quikly after announcing her relationship with my brother. then ALL OF A SUDDEN...i get on her page and she is "jesus this..jesus that" my brother is a very religious person..i feel she may be doing all this to play him. I just feel like i should be looking out for my brother. i don't want him to have everything he has worked so hard for to be ripped away by some whore
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 7:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011