Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support/arrears

My childs father is behind 1200 in child support on the online site it use to say due to me 1200 and now it says only 120 is due to me????? OMG I am so mad So I sign in on his (childs fathers name I know I know it was wrong lol) And it says he paid 1100 on his aareans like 2 weeks ago and none was paid to me.....What does this mean? Does it mean I am not getting any of that back child support back or what???? I am on food stamps only would they have really took all that money from my child?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • Oh by the way they took the 1100 out of his taxes

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • No they dont make you repay food stamps or medicaid, however if you ever in your life got cash aid (Tanf etc) from the state they will make you pay that back.
    My ex never paid his support & theyd seize his returns. It took six months before they release it in order to allow my ex time to file a claim for an injured spouse if he remarried or if he had paid between it being seized. It does happen from time to time where the state will take a return and someone will have made a payment and want some of it back. It should be released to you by June.

    Answer by gemgem at 7:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • it takes a little bit to get the money. my hubby ex girlfriend got hers in a month before. and then she whined about losing her food stamps for that month. i was like well do you want the cs or the stamps. i mean at least hubby made sure she got the cs. because it came out of a settlement so he paid it in full. now if his spouse claims injured spouse she can get half of the tax money. so if the state paid anything other then fs or medicaid you will lose part of tax money hubby owes right now and has been paying but he already got a letter from the state she lives in but i also owe back taxes and i hear my back taxes take priority , but i do not know i think cs should be priority. you could call your cs office and find out.

    Answer by WildCat73 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • call the cs office and gl x

    Answer by san78 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.